Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Love / Hate Relationship

As a woman I have to say that it truly amazes me the things that we do to make ourselves look more attractive & feel more beautiful. A few hours ago, I was laying on a table contemplating this very thing. Why am I getting ready to torture myself? Why would I even think of doing this? Am I insane? Who in their right mind chooses to put themselves through this agony? What was I thinking as I was driving myself to this destination this morning.

Now here I am hours after the torture session, and I feel happy, refreshed, and thankful that I chose to go through the "only moments" of discomfort.

I love the soft silky texture of my skin and yes it is really worth it. I can honestly say that I hate going to my threading & waxing appointments. However, I love the way that I feel an hour after I am finished with that appointment. I also have a similar relationship with high heel shoes.



7 comments:

Miranda said...

Ha. I've often thought this about things I do too.

Just Lisa said...

Yes, the things we go through to feel beautiful!

I came by to welcome you to SITS!

Rhea said...

The only thing that trumps that is the pain we go through with childbirth to bring CHILDREN into this world.

Although maybe that's comparing apples and oranges. Huh. Sometimes I talk too much.

Anyway, I'm here as part of the SITS Welcome Wagon! I've been a member since the start and a huge fan of this awesome womens support network. I've read so many fun blogs, met so many amazing women. Welcome to the SITStahood!

Unknown said...

Never been threaded or waxed ... teehee!

Anonymous said...

I wonder the same stuff.

welcome to SITS!

Unknown said...

OMGosh you get your lady parts waxed!!!! my poor husband is missin out!

ParisPink said...

I wish I could find someone who did threading in Colorado! I went to someone in San Diego and its the best for eyebrows!