Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Beautiful Getaway

DISCLAIMER:
Lately I have been busy working on another project so I pre-post for the week. I know that during the week I will be swamped with work and will be unable to take the time to blog. I do stay caught up on reading your blogs on my phone. I can't always comment on your posts because of my fickle phone service, but I am reading them. So I was glad that I had a few blogs pre-posted for this week before I was whisked away on my birthday getaway.

A BEAUTIFUL GETAWAY
This last week, Corey surprised me with a vacation to celebrate my birthday. It was so amazing and so sweet. He took me on a long and windy drive with views like this...



It was truly breathtaking. I have to admit, I enjoyed the drive to Big Cedar Lodge as much as I did the actual place. We had a great time together.

We arrived at the Lodge at night and it was beautiful! I was breathless when I saw it... both from laughing really hard (Corey & I were having fun joking around) and from the site of it. You have to keep in mind, I had no idea where we were going. I had no idea if he was going to take me to a 5 star resort or a tent. I have to tell you that nightfall is definitely the best time to arrive. I wouldn't have changed a thing. The lights were gorgeous reflecting off the lake. It was... okay I'm running out of adjectives to say that it was amazing. But yea, it was amazing! Here is the view from our room:



I took this picture as soon as we woke up (almost 11:00). I felt like a rockstar, sleeping in that late. It felt GOOD! Since Corey & I were in such a hurry to get out of the house while the kids were okay with us leaving we BOTH forgot our coats. This just gave us an excuse to do a little shopping at Branson Landing.



The fountains were a fun distraction from shopping. While we were here Corey informed me that the designer of these fountains was the same designer for the fountains at Bellagio. AND that they were going to be designing fountains for Jenk's RiverWalk. I hadn't heard that bit of news so I was excited to find that little bitty out. (I know it doesn't take much to get me excited).



Later that night snow began falling and created the most beautiful scenery ever. Like I said earlier... it doesn't take much... just a little bit of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice and I'm exstatic. It was everything Corey could do to keep me from going out & making snow angels. (I didn't have the kids with me to use as my excuse). He did sit in the car while I walked around taking photographs in the snow. I couldn't help myself. It's hard for me to stay indoors when it's snowing outside.



Ducks synchronized swimming
(Yes I know that they are really eating)


I truly love this weather.

We had an amazing time during out trip and enjoyed having the opportunity to relax, sleep late, and spend some time together.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a wonderful time! I just love that part of the country. The waterfall picture is really nice.

Melinda said...

Beautiful photos. What a sweet hubby you have for whisking you away for a birthday retreat.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

OMG it looks beautiful. So glad you had a great time.

Unknown said...

How stinking sweet was that? BEAUTIFUL!!!

Dawn said...

I've heard wonderful things about that place.

I love the waterfall picture. It's Thomas Kinkade looking. =)

I'm so glad you had such an enjoyable birthday.

DeeBee said...

So this was your unexpected trip out of town? Lucky you! I'm glad you had a good time!

Miranda said...

WOW. Lovely photos. Very nice.