Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A friend of a friend

This could be the title of a few posts that are on my mind this evening. But the two posts go in two completely opposite directions. One is about a terrible woman who lies about her friends, and cheats on her husband... all it takes is the sound of this persons name and I get ill to my stomach. I haven't met her in person (nor do I ever want to), but I have two friends that both know her from two totally different worlds & I get to hear about this... person, who is quite the piece of work. So to avoid becoming nauseous, I'd rather talk about the other post at the other end of the spectrum.

Tonight I was introduced to a blog that really touched my heart. I read quite a few blogs that read My Charming Kids, and I love to read their posts to her Not Me Monday blog carnival. Until tonight I hadn't followed their links to her sight, but when I did, I opened the door into her world. So many (like me) just dangle tidbits of what is actually going on in their lives. Not her, she is laying everything out there and asking all to join her in prayer and to be there through this time. Afterall, isn't that exactly what God wants us to do... to reach out & ask for help & prayer, and to trust Him.

To avoid misrepresenting all that she is going through, I am just going to pass on the link. I highly suggest visiting her site and taking a moment to pray with her for her son.

Prayers for Stellan

9 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Praying...

Miranda said...

Awwww.
Beautiful kiddos

DiPaola Momma said...

So many of us are praying for Stellan and his mommie we all adore, thanks for joining in.

I'm here.. LATE as usual, that's sort of my m.o., from the Welcomistas at SITS to welcome ya to the party! See ya at roll call. LOVE the name of your blog. My BF has a blog titled Moxie Momma.. it's kizmet I found ya.

Brandy said...

There's a lot of people praying for Stellan. Thanks for sharing their story!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

T- said...

I am praying for Stellan, too.

Brandy said...

...real as it gets honey...that's us! LOL!

I tried to reply by email but you have your settings so that your email doesn't show. If that's not on purpose you might want to change it. I love to reply via email...it makes for a nice conversation flow.

You can find a "how to" and why if you are interested here:
http://imnotyouraveragesoccermom.blogspot.com/2009/02/bloggy-tips.html

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Moxie Mom,

Thanks for sharing that with us! Very insightful! Stellan is on our site too!! So precious!!

In my youth, I was called "Moxie" i.e. Mark Seay). I liked it then!! Ha

Lynn and I will be getting married this Saturday. Please keep us in your prayers!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. (see top
sidebar at www.LighthousePrayerLine.org).

Jen said...

You are right, it truly is an amazing story over there. We must keep praying.

I am coming over from SITS.

Lisa M said...

I just dropped in to welcome you to the SITStahood! I love your blog name. my husband LOVES the drink Moxie. I personally find it to tickle my gag reflex.. repeatedly lol.

I'm Praying for Stellan as well. I found his mom's site yesterday by following a link. I cried and prayed for her and her family :( It's just heartbreaking that such a little child has to go through something like that.